Payment & Refund Policy
Deposits may be made to the FIU One Card Debit Account, in person, at any FIU One Card Office (via cash, check or money order), at any Value Port Station on campus (via cash only) or via GET Mobile App and Website (via credit card only).
Credit card deposit transactions, including service fees, may not be canceled or refunded to the credit card once made.
Terms and Conditions
- Nature of Account. Florida International University (“FIU”) and the FIU One Card Office agrees to accept and to hold for the benefit of the cardholder, and exclusively for the purposes described herein, funds prepaid by the cardholder into to a debit plan maintained by FIU One Card Office and referred to herein as a “FIU One Card Debit Account”, d.b.a “FIU Cash Account”. Funds prepaid by the cardholder to a FIU One Card Debit Account shall be applied to charges for goods and services made by the cardholder through the use of the FIU One Card Debit Account. The cardholder understands and agrees that a FIU One Card Debit Account is not a credit card account, and that under no circumstances may debits or charges to the account result in a balance below zero. An FIU One Card Debit Account may not be used to obtain cash or cash advances under any circumstances. The FIU One Card Debit Account is different than the linked Wells Fargo accounts that are available to cardholders on the FIU One Card.
- Establishing a FIU One Card Debit Account. FIU One Card Debit Account will be established by the FIU One Card Office for all cardholders at the time the FIU One Card is issued.
- Deposits into FIU One Card Debit Account. Deposits may be made to FIU One Card Debit Accounts during normal business hours, in any amount equal or greater than $1.00 in cash, at the FIU One Card Office. The FIU One Card Office does not accept temporary or foreign checks. Instant deposits for checks will be made only if the amount is $100 or less, however, patrons may only deposit 1 check every 30 days for checks more than $100. Checks of $101-$500 will be accepted, however, the deposit will be made after 2 weeks of being processed and patrons may only deposit 1 check of more than $100 every 30 days. Checks more than $500 will not be accepted. Deposits may be made to FIU One Card Debit Accounts at any time, in any amount equal or greater than $1.00, at any Value Port Station on FIU campuses. Deposits may be made to FIU One Card Debit Accounts, in any amount equal or greater than $5.00, online at shop.fiu.edu/onecard. There is a maximum deposit amount of $500 per online deposit. Funds are available in accordance with the FIU One Card Office’s policy regarding availability of deposited funds.
- Dormant Accounts. Any FIU One Card Debit Account belonging to a student at FIU will be classified as “dormant” upon the student’s graduation, withdrawal or expulsion from FIU. FIU One Card Accounts will be reviewed and classified as dormant, if applicable, within 30 days of the last day of the Fall semester each year. Any FIU One Card Debit Account belonging to an FIU employee or affiliate of FIU will be classified as dormant upon that employee’s or affiliate’s separation or termination from the University. Other FIU One Card Debit Accounts may be classified on a case-by-case basis if not addressed in these terms and conditions. The FIU One Card Office will deactivate dormant accounts to prevent unauthorized use. Any funds classified as dormant will first be set-off against any undisputed delinquent debts owed to the University. The Cardholder will then be notified in writing by the FIU Alumni Association that their account has been classified as dormant and be given the option to (1) donate their FIU One Card account balance to the FIU Alumni Association, or (2) to receive a refund of their account balance. The FIU One Card Office will disburse the funds to Cardholders by way of Student Financials where the refund may be sent via direct deposit (if banking information is on file) or paper check. All accounts with balances over $10 will be charged a $2.50 fee by the FIU One Card Office for processing the funds, which will be deducted from the Cardholder’s account balance. If no response is received from the Cardholder within 45 days of the date of the University’s notice, the funds will be classified as “unclaimed property”. The remaining balance will escheat to the State of Florida as per Chapter 717, Florida Statutes (The Florida Disposition of Unclaimed Property Act). The FIU One Card Office will close the account and remit the unclaimed property to the Office of the Controller who then files the required unclaimed property reports with the State of Florida per procedures outlined in the Florida Unclaimed Property Reporting Instructions Manual, Rule 69I-20.041, F.A.C.
- Locations. The cardholder may use their FIU One Card Debit Account to purchase goods and services at FIU, wherever payment through use of the FIU One Card Debit Account is accepted
- No Interest on FIU One Card Debit Account Funds. The cardholder understands and agrees that the FIU One Card Debit Account is a non-interest bearing account, and no interest or other earnings will be earned on funds deposited into or held in the FIU One Card Debit Account.
- Account Activity and Statements. FIU One Card Debit Account and transaction history is available for all cardholders through shop.fiu.edu/onecard. The FIU One Card Office will not issue paper statements to any cardholder.
- Account Information Access. Due to the Buckley Amendment and other laws relating to the rights to privacy, account information may only be released to the cardholder unless specific access is granted by cardholder, in writing. As part of the regular transaction and verification process, on-campus vendors may have access to Cardholder information, including but not limited to, Cardholder name, date of birth, home address and FIU email address. Cardholder authorizes the FIU One Card Office to share this information with select on-campus vendors.
- Use of FIU One Card Debit Accounts. The cardholder must present his/her official FIU One Card at the time of transaction in order to use his/her FIU One Card Debit Account. The FIU One Card Debit Account is non-transferable and, except as provided below, the cardholder is responsible for purchases made and debited to the cardholder’s FIU One Card Debit Account. In order to prevent unauthorized use of the FIU One Card Debit Account, additional identification may be required from any person attempting to access the cardholder’s account. There is no daily limit on the number of purchases that may be made and debited to the FIU One Card Debit Account, provided the cardholder does not exceed the amount of available funds in the debit account at that time.
- Transfers Between Accounts. There are no transfers permitted between FIU One Card Debit Accounts.
- Lost or Stolen Cards. During normal business hours, lost or stolen FIU One Cards should be immediately reported, in person, to the FIU One Card Office. FIU One Cards may also be reported lost/stolen at any time at onecard.fiu.edu. There is a replacement charge of $15.00 if the original card is lost, stolen or mutilated.
- Cardholder’s Liability for Unauthorized Purchases. If a FIU One Card is lost or stolen, cardholder is responsible for all unauthorized card purchases made to the FIU One Card Debit Account. Once the card is reported as lost or stolen, reported lost/stolen FIU One Card accounts will be placed on “hold” until a replacement card is issued.
- Error Resolution Procedures. Cardholders may dispute transactions that appear on their FIU One Card Debit Account either because of a billing error, because they do not recognize the transaction, or because they did not authorize the transaction. The Cardholder must submit the dispute in writing to the FIU One Card Office and it must be received within thirty (30) days of the date of the transaction. All Cardholder disputes regarding FIU One Card Debit Accounts must include: cardholder’s name; FIU ID number; date of transaction; name of merchant; disputed dollar amount; an explanation of any good-faith attempt to resolve the issue with the merchant; any correspondence between them and the merchant, including all dates and or attempted dates of contact; and, any other information or documentation that may be relevant to the dispute. If a dispute is not submitted within thirty (30) days of the transaction, the transaction may not be disputed. FIU One Card Office will inform Cardholder, in writing, of the results of its investigation within ten (10) business days from the date of receipt of a dispute, and will promptly correct any errors.
- Returns; Refunds; Withdrawals; Closing Account. Goods purchased using the FIU One Card Debit Account may be returned according to return policies at the location where the purchase was made; if such return is permitted, the cardholder’s FIU One Card Debit Account will be credited for the appropriate amount. Student cardholders may withdraw funds or request a refund of their FIU One Card Debit Account balance upon graduation or official withdrawal from the University. Faculty/Staff and/or Affiliate cardholders may withdraw funds or request a refund of their FIU One Card Debit Account balance upon termination of their employment or affiliation with the University. These refunds/withdrawals will be processed free of charge. Students, Faculty/Staff and/or Affiliate cardholders who request to withdraw funds from their FIU One Card Debit Account balance for any other reason than those listed above will be charged a $30.00 administrative fee. All approved withdrawals/refunds will be transmitted to the cardholder by the Office of Student Financials in accordance with their policies and procedures.
- Rights of Florida International University. The FIU One Card and all associated records are the property of Florida International University. FIU One Card Office reserves the right to close a cardholder’s FIU One Card Debit Account at any time, for any reason (including returned checks), and to refuse any request to establish a new debit account.
- Effective Date of Agreement. These terms and conditions shall be in effect from the date the FIU One Card is issued to cardholder by the FIU One Card Office until the FIU One Card Debit Account is closed.
- FIU One Card Office. All FIU One Cards will be administered by the FIU One Card Office, which is located on the Ground Floor of the Gold Garage/PG-1 (MMC) and WUC 143 (BBC).
- Modification of Agreement. The terms and conditions of this agreement are subject to change without notice. In addition, Florida International University and/or the FIU One Card Office may terminate the FIU One Card Debit Account in whole or in part at any time.
- Governing Law. The Cardholder agrees to abide by University rules, regulations, policies and procedures. These terms and conditions shall be governed in all respects by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Florida.
Updated November 7, 2014
- Purpose of this Statement. This statement tells you how Florida International University (“FIU” or the “University”) will collect and process your personal data when you access this website at http://shop.fiu.edu/onecard/index.html (“the FIU One Card website”).
- Automated Collection of Personal Information. As with most other web servers, when you access these web pages certain information you provide will automatically be recorded by the University. This will include your IP address, browser type, and information relating to the page you last visited. This information is processed to estimate how much usage of the server is made by different categories of users and in the event of a breach of security may be used to aid detection.
- Non-Automated Collection. Where you are required under this website to provide personal data, this data will be used to collect funds from your credit card for deposit to the designated FIU One Card Debit Account. This site may also use the Panther ID, full name, user name, encrypted password, password hint, email address and date of birth to process your transaction or to respond to your requests for information (e.g., request for transaction history). Please note that FIU is a public university and is subject to Florida’s public records law which requires that all information received in connection with state business be made available to anyone upon request, unless the information is exempt by a specific statute.
- Legal Disclaimer. FIU reserves the right to disclose your personally identifiable information as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on our website.
- Links to Other Sites. This website contains links to other sites that are not owned or controlled by Florida International University. Please be aware that Florida International University is not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites. FIU encourages you to be aware when you leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any website that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies only to information collected by this FIU One Card website and other FIU websites may have different privacy statements.
- Security. The security of your personal information is important to us. When you enter sensitive information (such as credit card number) on our registration or order forms, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). FIU follows generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on our website, you can send email to us at email@example.com.
- Customer Service. FIU will communicate with you in response to your inquiries, to provide the services you request, and to manage your account. We will usually communicate with you by email unless you specifically request otherwise, we may also contact you by telephone.
- Changes to this statement. This statement and therefore the ways in which your data may be processed can be changed from time to time. Any changes will only be notified via this web page.
If you have any queries relating to the privacy statement then please contact the FIU One Card office at firstname.lastname@example.org, which is responsible for the pages to which it relates.